Okay, so despite being warned about keeping shapes organised in 3dsMax, whether it be in groups, layers or detailed naming conventions, I didn’t adhere to any of the warnings I was given. In what can only be deemed as naîvety, I did not consider how many boxes would be in my model once I had created all of the girders, and when it came to finding the boxes contained in a certain area of the model in order to group them, I realised the extent of my mistake.
From this mistake was born a day that I devoted to organising my files as much as possible, dividing them between different layers and naming the groups. Whether or not I remember to keep up with this practice remains to be seen.
Too keep up to date with our project, you can follw updates on my blog and Fionn’s blog.