3-D PROJECT DIARY: BLOG SEVEN

APRIL 29th 2017

Today, I experimented with windows, doors, and their textures and geometry.  I tried making a box and playing with beveling and tapering.  I feel that trying to make a door or a window can be achieved in multiple ways and to a very high degree of realism, but in order to achieve some level of accuracy, one needs time and patience.  Both of these nouns I do not possess at the moment, which leaves me with very little  maneuverability in terms of quality.

Thoor BallyLee Window by Justin Martin.

I chose photos from my collection of some of the windows and doors from Thoor Ballylee and cropped and printed them out, so I could get a sense of  their geometry and detail.  As you can see from the photograph below, there are vertical panels; multiple hinges and raised parts that surround all the edges.  I thought that the most practical thing to do was to upload this picture into material editor and assign it onto a plain window.  This worked well at first but when I  rendered  it,  the  picture  below  was not on the window, but rather

Thoor Ballylee Front Door by Justin Martin.

the green hue which radiated from the window.  I also tried this on the front door of the main cottage and the same situation occurred.  I tried watching some tutorials to aid my progression in making the doors and windows, but this was a laborious task and I really wanted to find a short-cut that would reduce my time in researching and making the seventeen windows and four doors needed to complete my part of the project. Our project needs to be completed in a timely and sufficient manner before Monday the 8th of May 2017.  I plan on finishing my part of the project before the weekend, as I need to meet with my colleagues to finalise all areas of our project, not just mine.