With only few days to go before finalizing our project, it became more than clear that the biggest mistakes were made at the very beginning of the project. That being said, we did the best as we thought we could during data capturing session at the National Science Museum in Maynooth.
Before capturing each object we took couple of trial photos, to make sure that the camera settings are right, focus is correct and that the object is placed correctly within the light box (it was also important to determine which background would look better: black or white). Our objects had many brass, glass and polished wood elements which made it very challenging to make sure that there is as little reflectiveness as possible (post factum, we concluded that it would be best to use polarizing filters). Some of the objects had movable parts that would be set in motion as the objects were rotated during capturing, which caused some additional issues with focus. Each taken image was being examined on the camera display, however it was impossible to spot all the flaws on such a small screen.