Today was a day of experimenting with the materials. It is the day during which for the first time I’ve felt like I’ve finally got a hang of 3ds Max after turning my lego-like pillar into wooden pillar. How naive I was to think it will all go smoothly from then on…The first pillar looked great, but somehow, when I applied the same material to other pillars, the end-result changed.     The first pillar still had its perfect bumps, will all the others looked more thorny. Messing with UV Map modifier helped a bit, but it still gave different result than during the first trial with one pillar. The same values of bitmap bump and diffusion showed different results in rendering and the small victory turned into another bitter defeat.

Although the materials broke my spirit (yet again), I’ve added daylight to the scene, which created nice shadows making the church look less plastic. It must have been a nice day, back in 650 A.D. in Dublin…