The castle is finally complete! Since the last post, I’ve added some trees to the scene and cleaned up the last of the materials. Unfortunately, exporting the scene into sketch fab is not quite as successful as the rendered version in the 3DS Max. For some reason, the materials used on the roofs of the various buildings do not export and neither do the materials for the trees. However, I think its important to be able to move the model around, so I’ve decided to include the sketch fab version, even though it only looks partially complete.
The Real Final Product
The real product looks pretty good when rendered in 3DS Max. I’ve included a number of screenshots from the rendered version below. Hopefully, these will give you an idea of what the final product looks like in 3DS Max.
The Sketch Fab Version
Below is the version that exported to sketch fab. While this is the more “interactive” model, sadly the export process from 3DS Max doesn’t seem to play well with textures that are embedded in 3DS Max. So you can see that both the trees and the roofs of the buildings (both of which are 3DS Max built-in materials as opposed to custom materials) don’t export into sketch fab. This is unfortunately because it doesn’t give the full picture of the model, but this version does give you something to play around with.
I tried adding custom materials to the roofs and the foundation of the keep outset building in order to get those to render. While I don’t like the final output in 3DS Max as much as the original (and thus for the sake of the project, I’m keeping the original in tact), it does look a little bit better in sketch fab since those areas now have exported materials. I’ve included this new sketch fab version below.